Small Engine Repair at Crescent ACE Hardware, Clifton Park, NY
At Crescent ACE Hardware, as an added value to our loyal customers, we offer Small Engine Repairs on all types of gas-powered equipment.
All repairs are performed on-site and your machine never leaves our lot.
We Service and Repair
- Lawn Mowers
- String Trimmers
- Leaf Blowers
- Pressure Washers
- And more
In addition to general servicing and tune-ups to make sure your machine is running at optimal performance, we also service and repair poorly operating machines - even those that are having trouble starting!
Common Repairs Done In Our Shop
- Carburetor Cleanings and Replacements
- Belt Replacements
- Cable Replacements
- Blade and Chain Sharpening
- Transmission Adjustments and Replacements
- Oil Leak Repairs
- Fuel Leak Repairs
- And more
Contact Us Today
Looking for more information about our Small Engine Repair Services? Fill out the form below and we will be happy to assist you!
Whether it’s a lawn that needs mowing or a driveway that needs clearing, we understand that the units we repair are machines that you must be able to count on when you need them. Our mission and goal is to repair your machine as efficiently and economically as possible while remaining focused on the balance of quality of repairs versus the number of units fixed. So if your machine is running well and just needs a seasonal tune-up, your machine won’t start, or it’s not running optimally, we are your trusted destination to get you back in action!
As with every Small Engine Repair shop, turnaround time is a critical component and we keep a close eye on it in our department. We average a 1-2 week turnaround and work very hard not to go beyond a 3-week turnaround - even during the busy season.
With that said, there are a few key times during the year where we are particularly busy, and we ask for your patience as we work on each machine in the order that we received them and are bound by parts distributors and their lead times.
You will experience a faster turnaround if you follow these recommendations:
- Avoid Mid April - Early May (unless you are not in a rush or your machine is out of order)
- Bring us your lawn equipment in Mid March before the big rush and before the grass is actually growing
- Bring us your snow blower in October before the first snowfall is in the forecast (once people see snow on the weather channel, our yard fills right up!)
- Be proactive and get your equipment serviced regularly and before you actually need to rely on it
- Use “Non-Ethanol” gasoline in all your small engine equipment (Stewarts’ 91 octane is NON-Ethanol). Ethanol and gasoline do not form a strong bond, somewhere in the range of 3-5 weeks it begins to separate and gum-up and/or corrode your carburetor.
- At the end of the season, put 1 or 2 caps full of stabilizer (Startron or Sta-Bil) directly into the gas tank of your machine and your red gas can. Start your machine and let it run completely out of gas. Once it stalls/shuts off, try to start it one or two more times to clear the remaining fuel.
- For tractors, in the off-season, we highly recommend you put the battery on a battery tender or trickle charger to maintain maximum power, otherwise, the battery is likely to die over the winter.
- Do not mow grass that is wet!
- When snow-blowing heavy, wet snow, set the drive to the slowest setting and take half cuts. Wet snow will never be thrown as far as typical snow, but that does NOT mean there is anything wrong with your snowblower, it is just physics!
We take pride in the small engine repair service work we do here at Crescent ACE Hardware in Clifton Park, NY., and we are honored to care for the equipment you have spent your hard-earned money on. Please let us know if we can be of service for your power equipment needs, we are right around the corner or a phone call away, and happy to help!